Sr Front End Developer
We provide competitive salaries as well as all the other standard benefits. Most importantly, we provide an interesting working experience, and the chance to contribute to the success of something great. Get equity in one of Seattle’s hottest start-ups.
• Design, develop, implement and maintain our multiple platforms.
• Consume internal APIs, experience working with REST a must.
• Solve problems related to large data sets.
• 5+ yrs experience with JS, working on high traffic, large web applications.
• Experience working with REST APIs.
• Experience with Angular.
• Experience working with graphing libraries (Google Charts, D3, etc).
• Strong sense of web design and attuned to the fundamentals of user experience.
• Solid skills in CSS3, SASS, HTML5.
• Knowledge of performance considerations, cross browser testing, SEO, and responsive web design.
Our ideal candidate has a background in consumer communications, journalism, and/or lifestyle writing, and is up to date on contemporary trends and sensibilities. If you have B2B experience–bonus! A love for pets is a must–having a pet yourself is a clear strategic advantage in understanding our audience. We’re looking for an inquisitive mind, and a talented storyteller who can craft anything from compelling narratives to valuable how-to articles. You will be responsible for helping readers discover new health and safety tips, acquire new skills in training and behavior, enjoy life with their pets, all while positioning our product offerings in the most engaging way.
A successful candidate will have a strong creative side and have a successful track record of creating original digital content. You’ll work in partnership with various teams and freelancers to conceptualize, create, and produce effective communications for B2C and B2B audiences.
• Conceptualizing, editing existing, and creating original digital content (articles, ebooks, infographics, etc.)
• Eliciting and managing content and contributors for multiple initiatives and objectives
• Partnering closely with multiple stakeholders, including clients to conceptualize innovative marketing and educational content
• Reviewing and editing content from all contributors (internal/external) to ensure brand voice, accuracy, etc.
• Establishing best practices in content editorial
• Researching the needs and mindsets of our audiences and communicating accordingly
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent field experience: Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations
• 4+ years of copy writing/editorial experience
• Ability to understand business objectives and generate content that delivers on goals, expectations, and provides value
• Knowledge of SEO and digital best practices
Preferred Qualifications and Traits
• Pet owner (past or present)
• Ability to work with minimal oversight
• Ability to identify trends across varied demographics
• Ecommerce experience or background
• Social media content writing experience