SharePoint Developer – Experienced App Developer
- Develop and enhance Microsoft SharePoint 2013/2016/Online solutions using following technologies: WCF, jQuery, Angular.js, CSOM, REST API, CSS, SQL, XSLT, Business Connectivity Services (BCS) and .NET framework, when applicable.
- Construct user interfaces for Microsoft SharePoint 2013/2016/Online applications and add-ins.
- Software architecture, development, customization, and integration, as well as technical project management where the need arises for the team.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) Certification
- Strong hands-on SharePoint development experience
- Knowledge of software design patterns like Singleton, Factory Method and Builder
- Experience working with a large IT team
Required Skills & Experience
• 2-3 years of professional experience
• 1+ years of Ruby experience in production
• Interested in being a part of a growing team
We are looking for an experienced Front-End Web Developer to build, maintain, and expand digital products for Scientific American.
This role reports into the Technical Lead and is responsible for front-end concerns, focusing on design-related changes and client-side functionality, implementing best practices from a content rendering and delivery perspective.
The ideal candidate will have experience in coding large-scale, responsive web sites with an aim towards performance and progressive enhancement. We value accessibility, graded browser support, maintainability, open source, and beautiful readmes.
Responsibilities will include working across the product and development teams to deliver clean and tested markup, styling, and functionality. The Front-End Developer will work with the Product Managers and UI/UX designers to bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
- Produce valid and accessible CSS and HTML templates using Sass and DustJS
- Optimize existing templates
- Help the team define and adhere to standard best practices
- Turn project mock-ups and designs into functioning templates
- Work with Product and Project Managers to define project timelines and deliverables
- Maintain site updates, fixing and troubleshooting front-end bugs, and improving performance
- Participate in code reviews
- Manage analytics tagging and additional 3rd party scripting libraries such as Krux, Google DFP, Ensighten, Optimizely, etc.
- Additional duties as needed
Experience, education, skills and qualifications required:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field with at least 4 to 5 years of related experience
- Proficient understanding of HTML and CSS
- Proficient knowledge of responsive web-design and cross-browser compatibility issues
- Proficient knowledge of code versioning tools, such as Git or Mercurial
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Good understanding of the principals of progressive enhancement
- Understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and Sass
- Knowledge of image authoring tools
- Experience with Dust JS and Mura CMS is a huge plus
Strong Academic Background – A bachelor’s degree or more in Computer Science or related fields from a top level engineering school.
2+ years of Linux experience
2+ years of experience in C++
1+ years of Python experience
Good understanding of derivatives pricing models
2+ years of working experience in financial industry
1+ year of SQL experience
1+ year of Perl experience
Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills