SEO Analyst (san jose east)
About the Positions
This position is available on a contract basis (with no specific end date) or full-time, salary-based position. Being local and able to work from our San Jose office is desired, and should be considered a requirement. However, we will consider all applicants and invest as required for top talent.
We’re looking for SEO analysts of both junior and senior skill levels – but senior level is a priority.
You’ll be responsible for planning, building and managing paid media campaigns for our clients. You will work closely with other team members and your efforts will be tied in with design, development and SEO.
Below is a list of responsibilities we need (primary) and responsibilities that would be helpful (secondary). You’ll be working on multiple projects at any given time so time management and being self-driven is a must.
The ideal candidate for this position is a quantitative problem solver that makes sense out of chaos and provides insight with the rest of the team. You should have some experience with SEO.
• Create digital strategy with other team members
• Assist with or create SEO campaign audits
• Perform keyword research
• Perform competitive analyses
• Find new link building opportunities
• Develop new relationships for link building
• Technical SEO Basics
• Calculate & track acquisition goals vs. costs
• Generate & analyze analytics / reporting data
• More stuff that you will probably know how to do if you’re familiar with all or most of the above.
• Critical comprehension and attention to detail — the first sentence of your application should tell us something fun about yourself — a hobby or interesting fact.
• Ad strategy & copywriting (not necessarily needed)
• Interact with clients through email, phone, in-person meetings (not necessarily needed)
• Test usability & bug testing of websites
• Update websites through content management systems
Desired Skills & Experience
• Required: Minimum 6 months of experience in SEO
• 3 years or more of experience in SEO Desired
• Beginner to expert level proficiency with Google AdWords
• Beginner to expert level proficiency with Google Analytics
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills
• Results oriented approach
• Strong written & verbal communication skills
• English fluency required
• Ability to work independently and in a collaborative environment
• Bachelor’s degree desired