Tony Guo, Digital Marketing Expert
CEO of RunRex LLC & Owner of Guttulus LLC
Web Designer – 9+ yrs Photoshop, Illustrator, Sass, HTML, CSS, WordPress. Patent Agent – 8+ yrs Securing IP.
Patent & Trademark Attorney – 4+ yrs Securing IP. Immigration Attorney – 4+ yrs Specializing in Perms.
Chief Executive Officer at RunRex Interactive
June 2015 – Present (1 year 7 months)
• Manage 12.8 Million USD in digital media spend.
• Design, develop, and market websites & mobile apps.
• Test and on-board new customer acquisition channels in display, PLAs, CSEs, native, content, mobile and
• Consult with local SMBs in development and traffic generation for their websites by leveraging SEM, SEO,
LSO, social and video tactics.
• Devise & execute the SEM & SEO strategies.
• Provide strategic leadership and vision to grow online acquisition efforts. • Manage development team of 25.
Software Expertise: Xcode with iOS SDK, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, BBEdit, Transmit, Flash, Illustrator, Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word), Final Cut Pro X, iBooks Author, Coda, Hype, TextMate, Fireworks, Director, iLife (iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD, GarageBand, iWeb), iWork (Numbers, Pages, Keynote), Sorenson Squeeze, WebSEO, Motion, Contribute, Painter, Peak Studio Pro, FileMaker Pro, QuarkXpress, Toast, Navicat.
Senior Software Developer at CallDrive Marketing Software
June 2015 – Present (1 year 7 months)
• 2015 Top Content Creator of Google Partners Community (North America) • 2014 Top Content Creator of Google Partners Community (North America) • Ambassador of the Google Partners Community (North America)
• Adwords/Analytics/Shopping/Mobile/Video Certified
• Create PPC software for Google Adwords, Bing Ads, and Facebook Ads.
• CallDrive is a cloud-based app that empowers businesses to capture and convert phone leads. • CallDrive is for businesses who want phone calls.
Design, develop, program, and deploy iOS applications (including iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch) developed
with Xcode using the latest iOS SDK, with apps available in the iTunes Store. Knowledgeable with Interface Builder as well as all core technologies, including: UI Elements, Graphics, Location, Maps, Media, Animation, Data, Multitouch and Gestures, Motion, Backgrounding, and Universal apps. Expertise in integrating apps with PHP-based web applications and MySQL databases. In addition, strong background in UI / UX as well as client and team management.
Business Owner at Guttulus Internet Marketing
August 2012 – Present (4 years 5 months)
• PPC and SEM learning platform.
• Study Guides for AdWords, Analytics, Video, Shopping, Bing, Facebook, Photography, Applications. • Free legal, marketing, and business templates.
• Free freelance templates.
• Free startup templates.
• Daily Startup Blog.
WordPress Plugin & Theming Development • Drupal 7 Theming • Sass, Compass, Susy & Grunt • Blueprint, Bootstrap, Foundation & Skeleton • CodeIgniter • jQuery, Angular • Git • Google Analytics, AdWords
& AdSense • MailChimp, Google Analytics, Facebook & Twitter API • Moz • Email Marketing • Adobe PhotoShop & Illustrator • WHM & cPanel
Online Acquisition Manager at Webranx Internet Marketing Strategies
April 2013 – June 2015 (2 years 3 months)
• Manage online acquisitions with a yearly spend of 4 million dollars. • Handle day to day legal, business, and pay per click operations.
• Forecast strategy, financial projections, and business opportunities.
Immigration Attorney at The Law Office of Wilka Varela Toppins, P.C.
April 2013 – July 2014 (1 year 4 months)
• Contract Immigration Attorney specializing in H1-B, PERM and student visas. • Experience with TN, K-1, EB-2, and EB-3 visas.
Comptroller at Moore Nurses
July 2012 – April 2013 (10 months)
• In charge of payroll, invoicing, P&L, managing the balance sheet, accounts payable/receivable, as well as
budgeting and financial forecasting.
• Worked daily with Gantt charts to manage finances.
Graduate Researcher at College of William and Mary
August 2009 – January 2012 (2 years 6 months)
• Assisted Professor Koch with research on Global Administration Law.
• Updated Professor Koch’s Administration Law treatises.
• Prepared Powerpoint presentations on European Law and Administration Law. • Created casebook on American Law for European students.
Business Litigation at Williams and Hannon PLLC
August 2011 – November 2011 (4 months)
• Assisted partner with research on secured transactions under UCC Article 9.
• Conducted due diligence study on secured transactions.
• Drafted promissory notes, securities memorandum, embezzlement claims, non-compete provisions, and
motions to dismiss.
Intellectual Property at Gavin Law Offices, PLC
May 2011 – August 2011 (4 months)
• Assisted senior associate with developing franchise operations manuals and agreements.
• Drafted memorandum on top level domains, trademark applications, and litigation of several trademark
Environmental Law at Virginia Department of Environmental Quality
December 2010 – April 2011 (5 months)
• Assisted renewable energy manager with solar energy policies, future renewable energy regulations, and
solar/wind energy policies of 35 states.
Director of Marketing at China Law Inc
June 2007 – August 2010 (3 years 3 months)
• In charge of traditional and digital marketing for the New York City branch of a law firm of 279 patent and
• Worked with trademark and patent attorneys to increase inbound business.
• Worked with several large clients including Paramount Pictures.
• Practiced as a Patent Agent on several Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) cases.
Teaching Assistant at New York University
August 2006 – December 2008 (2 years 5 months)
• Teaching assistant for 14 Chemistry classes at New York University. • Taught over 500 students.
Patent Agent Certification
USPTO License Patent Agent No. 64,845 July 2009
New York Law License
New York State Bar Association January 2013
Google AdWords Certified Professional
Google August 2010
The College of William and Mary – Marshall Wythe Law School
J.D., Intellectual Property Law, 2009 – 2012
Activities and Societies: President of Student Intellectual Property Society • President of Phi Delta Phi
Fraternity • President of American Constitutional Society • Graduate Research Fellowship • Technical Editor of W&M Environmental Law & Policy Review • Founding Staff Editor of W&M Business Law Review • Chief Editor of Intellectual Property • W&M American Bar Association Representative • Board Executive of Hurricane Student Network • Agent for Kaplan Preliminary Multistate Bar Review.
New York University
B.A., Biology, 2005 – 2008
Grade: Graduated Cum Laude
Activities and Societies: NYU Presidential Scholar • China, Italy, and Ghana • NYU Deans Honors Corps •
NYU Teaching Assistant: 14 Classes • NYU Learning Center Tutor • Ecology-Broome, Residential College • New York City Asian Initiative Volunteer • Habitat for Humanity Volunteer • University Beacon Volunteer • NYU Biological Society.
Skills & Expertise
Intellectual Property Patents
Public Speaking Social Media Corporate Law Search Advertising Google Analytics
Mergers & Acquisitions
Commercial Litigation Cyberlaw
Trademark Infringement Online Research
Google Adwords Professional Twitter Marketing
Startup Development Early-stage Startups Facebook Marketing
Adobe Creative Suite
Google Webmaster Tools Google App Engine
New York Bar Association
January 2013 to Present
(Native or bilingual proficiency) (Full professional proficiency)
Pianist at Sunrise Senior Living
May 2000 – May 2005
I played Piano on Thursdays for several years.
Exam Tutor at Houston Exam Tutors
November 2012 – Present
I volunteer my time tutoring ISEE, SAT, ACT, and AP exams. I’m certified to tutor at St. John’s.
Event Organizer at Habitat for Humanity New York City
September 2005 – December 2008
I organized the Barnes and Noble Gift Wrapping fundraisers.
Consultation Intaker at Capital Area Immigrants’ Rights (CAIR) Coalition
December 2009 – June 2012
I went to holding facilities to fill out intake forms.