Mobile Developer – Startup Focused on Helping Nonprofits
• Can demonstrate experience developing mobile applications for Android, iOS and/or other mobile operating systems
• Experience developing native applications for iOS and/or Android (huge plus if both)
• Experience with cross-platform mobile development solutions (Xamarin, React Native and others are welcome)
• Can accurately translate wireframes, mockups and other design documents into a functional mobile application
• Experience interfacing mobile applications with back end web services
• Familiarity and experience with Git/GitHub
• Looking for intangibles such as being a team player, having a great attitude and being self-motivated
• Proactive work style is welcomed since we offer great flexibility and you can set your own schedule
• Comfortable working with an experienced Engineering team consisting of three developers
Applicants are required to have worked in extreme development environments with, at times, conflicting short and long term priorities. Previous experience working with customers is helpful.
Required skills and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree Computer Science or related field or equivalent training/certification;
• 5+ years’ experience in Website development and Redesign (Enterprise level);
• Custom plugin and module development experience is a must;
• Understand WordPress coding best practices;
• Experience with responsive web design;
• Experience with Git, SQL, XML, JSON and Web Services (XML/JSON);
• Experience with Deployments and Management of cloud – based (AWS) resources is a must;
• Ability to maintain the websites with 99.9999% uptime;
• A passion for web technologies;
• Working knowledge of DNS; Sybase, while not required, would be a plus.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
• Build new applications with .Net (C#) & ASP.NET MVC – heavy focus on client web portal
• Develop new integrations with our existing Microsoft Dynamics CRM platform using custom libraries and third party APIs
• Creating data warehouse(s) for reporting purposes
• Extending applications to the cloud and mobile devices
• QA/Testing of applications using various technologies
• All other responsibilities as assigned.
Skills & Experience:
• BS/BA Degree is required and MS Degree is a plus.
• 2+ years of software development experience.
• 1+ years of experience developing scalable, responsive ASP.NET web applications (MVC, Web API).
• 1+ years of experience developing databases, MS SQL preferred.
• Experience implementing enterprise-class applications using common patterns, practices, and techniques (unit of work, dependency injection/IoC, O/R mapping, MVC/MVP, unit testing/TDD, OOP, etc.).
• Experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM & SL (Solomon) is a plus
• Experience with e-Discovery is a plus
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– 3-5 years experience with storytelling and creating exhibit narratives for museums, science centers, educational institutions and/or commercial venues
– Ability to develop thematic structures for exhibits that will engage audiences intellectually and emotionally
– Ability to conduct research in diverse areas including photo and video sourcing, scientific literature review, artifact sourcing, and in-person community outreach
– Knowledge of interior and exterior signage and display methodology
– Skilled in using Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
– Experience creating digital interactive exhibits a plus
This is a short-term freelance position expected to require approximately 40 hours a week for 4-5 weeks. Some work may be done off site, but candidate will be required to meet regularly at our Brooklyn studio. Some local day trips within in the greater NYC Metro area will also be required.