By: Tony Guo
Junior E-commerce Purchasing Analyst role
- Restock inventory on all online sales channels (primarily Amazon) by forecasting trends and demand.
- Identifying new opportunities and products.
- Adjust order volumes and pricing based on buy-in opportunities, vendor stock issues, seasonal fluctuations, etc.
- Analyze new vendors and dealer sheets to create an initial purchase order.
- Set pricing strategies for new products and refine pricing strategies for existing products.
- Follow up with vendors on product deliveries, out-of-stock issues, pricing issues, etc.
- Coordinate with the Logistics and Operations teams to ensure timely receiving of products and decrease warehouse costs.
- Work closely with Brand Management and Buying teams to identify aged inventory and implement actions to minimizing such inventory.
- Coordinate with vendors for new products, pricing, and promotions.
- Work jointly with the finance team to ensure proper and accurate invoicing.
- Address all other pricing and planning duties as directed by the buyers’ team.
- Research new softwares to improve and master productivity.
- Analyze the company’s data to identify issues and provide solutions.
- Organize company data in clear reports for all departments.
- Research new trends in the industry and new programs on online marketplaces.
- Train and manage members for the Purchasing Department and expand department as needed.
- Communicate with outsourcing team to ensure productivity.
- At least 1 year of professional analytics / logistics experience.
- High analytical and financial acumen with a desire to problem solve.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills are a must!
- Candidate should be proactive in their work approach.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask.
- Ability to partner and communicate effectively with internal team as well as vendors.
- Ability to think creatively to increase profitability and decrease overheads.
- E-commerce experience a plus!
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive pay and PTO accrual.
- Fun, open, collaborative work environment in New York City.
- Unlimited coffee and snacks!
- Free domestic flight covered in first year and an additional flight for every year.
- Up to $1,000 per year covered in additional learning courses.
- Regular opportunities and support for career growth.
- Posted In: