Internet Sales Analyst
Ensure that all website content including marketing, merchandising, pricing and product details on customer facing websites is accurate and in-line with business needs, customer expectations and best practices, and that it supports the marketing content and sales of all the organization’s channels including its retail stores, telesales, chat and websites.
• Update product information and content on multiple websites, and review content/pricing information for accuracy.
• Communicate with creative and marketing department staff to assist in managing E-commerce campaigns by adhering to project schedules and reporting issues/delays.
• Update content for website search optimization as needed.
• Ensure that pages contain proper site tags and metadata.
• Support Tele-Sales with e-commerce related content updates, report issues that may occur and follow up to ensure they are resolved.
• Create XML to transform data into content management system (CMS).
• Update content managed areas (HTML, copy, and image files) as required.
• Investigate and report operational or technical issues that may arise, and may troubleshoot problems.
• Assist in the scoping and documentation ongoing website functional projects and improvements.
• Perform quality assurance testing, deploy functional projects and recommend improvements.
• Perform additional duties as assigned.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
• This job is performed at a desktop work station in a positive, supportive and collaborative environment. We have a team atmosphere that fosters camaraderie with the ability to cross-train so that new areas of the web business can be explored and practiced.
• Accuracy is critical in this role. Team members are required to be accountable for their work product by verifying and testing via a staging environment before content is deployed to the live site.
• Retail can be unpredictable at times, and team members need to be able to react to unexpected schedule or project changes.
Hours and Travel
• A typical work week is 40 hours Monday through Friday 9am to 6pm.
• This job requires an “on-call” schedule about once per month on the weekends where if a site issue occurs, the individual will be called upon to fix the issue.
• Undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university.
• 1-2 years experience in website management and CMS for content updates, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience using Excel and XML to transform data into a CMS.
• Experience with search engine optimization (SEO) best practices.
• Experience with Demandware is a plus.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Knowledge of desktop work station hardware operation and related software, HTML and CSS.
• Basic knowledge of web technologies (FTP, browsers, basic HTML, data files) and familiarity with data management.
• General knowledge of the marketing disciplines required to drive traffic to retail websites (e.g., PPC, email marketing, link generation, online PR, SEO, offline marketing and pr, affiliate programs, etc.).
• Basic knowledge of order management/customer fulfillment in an e-commerce context.
• Ability to seek out understanding by asking questions and trouble-shooting, and to be naturally curious.
• Excellent oral/written communication skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively and share findings and actionable insights.
• Basic knowledge of Google products (e.g., Webmaster Tools & Analytics), and responsive and mobile design practices is a plus.