Email Marketing Manager (Austin)
They are hiring an Email Marketing Manager (technical) to be the biggest supporter of their existing customer base — the days of full blasts and spamming are over. In its place, they want you to understand the right nurture tracks to provide incremental value and nudge their customers towards a sale in a way that feels human, authentic and still converts. They also need you to understand the right types of content and promotions to send to the right people at the right time, both for nurturing and to boost the sharing and forwarding of their content-driven emails.
What will this Email Manager be doing:
Develop, enhance and manage an E2E lifecycle-based and promotional email program that is shifting beyond promotional emails to drive a longer-term conversation with our customer-base. High-degree of focus on retaining customers while growing the right new customers.
• Manage and build various email lists and campaigns, including the design templates in the tool, calls-to-action, and content used in your email sends.
• Segment lists based on behaviors like past email engagement, purchase data and website interactions (content downloads, site page visits, etc.).
• Measure results and optimize the nurture tracks for these segments to convert leads to customers.
• Work to minimize list decay, drive list growth rate through creative campaigns and unsubscribes while increasing productivity of our email sends.
• Develop documentation and road maps for processes, A/B tests, and promotions that succeed through email.
• Manage key conversion points with stakeholders to ensure optimization of the marketing funnel, including landing pages and website calls-to-action (CTAs)
• A/B test and continually measure the performance of these conversion assets.
• Collaborate with channel-specific leads (blogging, content and social media, etc.) in order to optimize each engagement and conversion path.
• Collaborate with business sponsors to understand project scope and define requirements
• Test and ensure that email functionality, deliverability works within a variety of browsers and devices.
• Maintain accurate and comprehensive business requirements
• Facilitate and participate in continuous documentation and process improvement initiatives
• May solve routine support problems
What we will be looking for in this Email Marketing Manager:
• BA/BS or equivalent working experience. 3 – 5+ years relevant experience
• Proficient using email service provider lists and marketing automation technology.
• Highly analytical, detail-oriented and able to derive meaning from data and A/B testing and email optimization and revenue-generating conversion.
• Past experience with web analytics, A/B testing, and inbound marketing tactics.
• Technical proficiency working in an email or marketing platform a must
Nice to Have:
• Experience in development of strong CTAs, features and ability to optimize for lifecycle stage and progressively profile our email database for opportunities
• Salesforce Marketing Cloud (Exact Target) technical experience preferred