Digital Engagement Manager (berkeley)
(40%) Website Management
• Responsible for oversight and management of Cal Performances’ website properties including:
• Collaborating closely with the Cal Performances Communications and Marketing team, acts as team leader in the creation, deployment and oversight of website content creation, including strategies for ensuring sites are aligned with SEO best practices.
• Develops, monitors, and regularly reports out on key performance metrics related to web properties.
• Strategizes, recommends and plans improvements to web properties based upon ongoing analysis of web analytics and industry innovations and changes.
• Project manages website improvement initiatives, including coordination with IT and other Cal Performances units and management of all outside contract resources.
• Recommends and manages the execution of strategies to expand Cal Performances’ use of mobile platforms to engage current and emerging audiences.
• Manages Cal Performances current mobile application and working in conjunction with the Director of Marketing Communications and other Cal Performances’ team members, strategies to utilize its current features to maximize audience engagement and revenue opportunities. Plans and develops strategies for deployment and usage of upgrades to the application feature set.
• Develops and manages mobile- specific content strategies and deployment
• Acts as project manager for additional mobile development projects to support Cal Performances audience development initiatives.
(20%) Social Media Strategy and Management
• Working in close collaboration with other senior managers on Cal Performances Marketing and Communications team, develops and oversees strategy implementation on Cal Performances social media channels
• Oversees execution of individual content creation, solicitation and placement schedules for all Cal Performances social media platforms.
• Reports on detailed social media metrics and statistics
• Researches and informs teams of emerging technology and current social media trends, recommending development of additional platforms and strategies as necessary.
Manages activities and performance of Digital Content associate and New Technology Coordinator, and various student assistants.
• Experienced digital professional who has demonstrated prior experience in developing and managing digital strategies and programs for complex organizations with multiple audiences.
• Experience bridging the gap between marketing, communications and technology and the delivery of marketing and communications programs across multiple channels. An undergraduate degree is required.
• Successful experience implementing major digital initiatives, including website design and an understanding of the full spectrum of digital activities, including content repurposing across multiple channels.
• Demonstrated expertise with Google analytics and other web site metric programs.
• Demonstrated excellent written communication skills; experienced digital copywriter across a wide variety of different marketing channels, but especially, email and social media content.
• Experienced working with website content management systems
• Demonstrated strong project management skills in order to meet multiple deadlines; strong analytical, organizational, and time management skills, as well as excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to respond and perform in a favorable, flexible and supportive manner to short lead-time projects covering a broad range of digital tasks for the organization.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment, decision making, and problem solving skills, while also communicating the need for further clarity or direction.
• Must be capable of working independently within a fast-paced, dynamic, team-oriented environment.
• Experience in managing comprehensive digital campaigns for local or national arts organizations.
• Experience working with Tessitura CRM Software
• Strong appreciation and knowledge of music, dance, and theatre.