20 Marketing Tips We Learned from A-Kon
20 Marketing Tips We Learned from A-Kon
This anime convention was previously known as Project: A-Kon and it is one of the best anime conventions around. It goes on for three days and it is usually held in Fort Worth, Texas on the first weekend of June. Given that it is considered the 3rd largest anime convention in North America, it definitely has lots of marketing tips to teach us and this article will look to highlight 20 marketing tips we learned from this year’s edition.
- The use of contest marketing, a technique that is discussed on runrex.com, was one of the marketing tips we learned from A-Kon. Photo and video contests on Instagram and Twitter were two of the most popular avenues used.
- Branding with identifiable material like t-shirts, headbands among others as a marketing tool was another marketing tip we learned from A-Kon. This is something that has been discussed at length by the experts on bitgale.com.
- Shooting and releasing of podcasts when on the convention floor as a marketing tool was yet another marketing tip we learned. This played a big role in helping businesses expand their reach in the online world.
- Another marketing tip we learned from A-Kon was just how important the Instagram Stories feature is when it comes to marketing. This is of course explored in greater detail on mtglion.com so make sure you check that out.
- Another marketing tip we learned here was just how important having event-specific websites are proving to be especially when it comes to these events and conventions. This is because they create a dedicated platform where you can interact with your customers on the specifics of the convention and have any questions they may have answered. This is discussed at length on runrex.com.
- Creating events within the main event was another marketing tip we took away from A-Kon. This strategy, as you can find out by visiting bitgale.com, increases chances of conversion as it sort of creates conversation between you and your prospects.
- Having someone dedicated to sending out tweets in real time is another great marketing tip we learned from A-Kon. This was something we observed on the convention floor, with a more detailed discussion on this to be found on mtglion.com.
- Given how well attended both in terms of customers and businesses A-Kon was, learning to divide and conquer was another marketing tip we learned as this, enabled businesses to cover as much ground and tend to as many people as possible.
- When it comes to marketing on the convention floor, connecting with your customers is crucial as per runrex.com. Therefore, face-to-face interactions while there was another marketing tip we learned. This means just handing out flyers and business cards wasn’t enough, you had to have one-on-one talks with your prospects.
- Following up with prospects after getting their contact details and setting up meetings was yet another marketing tip we learned from Anime Expo. This is a move whose benefits are discussed in greater detail by the folks at bitgale.com.
- Having highlighted in discussions on mtglion.com, how conventions, including A-Kon, usually have an event theme and a social media hashtag, the next marketing tip we learned here is that it is important to participate in this conversations if you’re to get people to your booth.
- The next marketing tip we learned from A-Kon is that the use of social media to help people find you on the convention floor is crucial, especially given how crowded the convention floor was. This can be done through a pinned Tweet or Facebook post.
- Another marketing tip we learned was that hiring of cosplayers helped massively to attract people to your booth. This was a strategy used by many businesses and is one that is highly recommended by the experts at runrex.com.
- The next marketing tip we learned was that not using plain flyers but using flyers that turn into coupons or are redeemable for something once people stop at your booth was a lot more effective. This is an approach that is discussed in detail on bitgale.com.
- Offering convention-only giveaways was another marketing tip we learned from A-Kon. This incentivized folk to actually attend the expo and visit the various booths. Use of appealing exclusives as a marketing strategy is one that is recommended on mtglion.com.
- The next marketing tip we learned from A-Kon was the importance of having a booth that is attractive and neat. No one wants to go to a disorganized and unattractive booth, so getting your booth spot on is important if you are going to draw folks towards it.
- The importance of networking at A-Kon as far as marketing is concerned cannot be underrated and as such having enough business cards at such conventions was a marketing tip we learned here. You can read more about effective networking by visiting runrex.com.
- Another marketing tip we learned at Anime Expo was that at such events demo materials are more effective than word of mouth in closing prospects. This is one of the key things the experts on bitgale.com insist on.
- The next marketing tip we learned here was just how important having the LinkedIn App on your mobile device is when looking to network in Anime Expo. This was how people connected on the convention floor and you can learn more about this emerging and very important platform on mtglion.com.
- Giving special treatment to your most loyal customers so that they can act as ambassadors for your business was another marketing tip we learned from A-Kon. This is one of the best ways to help you in building a network of referrals for your business.
It is our hope that with the use of the above marketing tips, your marketing campaigns will be as successful as you want them to be.
- Posted In:
- Business Guide